Ivanka Trump Condemned Sexual Harassment In Work Places “All too often, our workplace culture fails to treat women with appropriate respect”.

Ivanka Trump has condemned sexual harassment in the workplace, saying it “can never be tolerated”.

The First Daughter was addressing the audience at the World Assembly for Women in Tokyo, Japan, when she called for women to be treated with greater respect at work.

“All too often, our workplace culture fails to treat women with appropriate respect.

“This takes many forms, including harassment, which can never be tolerated,” she said on Friday.

Ms Trump also said women should not be defined by whether they work or lead domestic lives.

Ms Trump joined Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the World Assembly for Women in Tokyo (EPA)
“Truth be told, on Sunday nights, after a messy and wonderful weekend with my children, I am far more exhausted than on Friday evenings, after a long week of work at the office,” she joked.

Ms Trump’s comments came amid a growing number of sexual harassment allegations against high-profile figures in media, business and entertainment in the US and UK.

She was speaking two days ahead of her father’s planned visit to Japan at the beginning of an East Asian tour, according to AFP.

Shouldn’t Ivanka’s charity begins at home? i believe she should first take that great idea up with Mr President “who grabs them by the pussy”
A video of Donald Trump showing the future President boasting about being able to get away with inappropriate behaviour sparked outrage when it first  emerged last October.

“When you’re a star, they let you do it,” he said. “Grab them by the p***y. You can do anything,” Trump said.

Ms Ivanka is standing on a moral ground here, she has the right to do so as a woman and no woman deserve to be sexually molested by any male monster in a work place or any place at all. (Mr Trump included)

Trump later apologised and defended the comments as “locker-room banter”. He denied grabbing or kissing any women without their consent.

 

In the wake of the sex scandal rocking entertainment industry and British politician in Parliament, Theresa May has insisted that she is determined to take tough action to protect Westminster staff against sexual harassment as MPs in both major parties predicted more sleaze allegations would emerge in the coming days.

 

A series of claims about the behaviour of senior politicians have emerged in recent days, after the Harvey Weinstein scandal encouraged women in other professions to share their experiences.

The former work and pensions secretary Stephen Crabb apologised for “sexual chatter” with a 19-year-old who had applied for a job in his office, while the trade minister Mark Garnier admitted asking a former assistant to buy sex toys and calling her “sugar tits”.Labour MPs believe more allegations will emerge on their own side. The Sheffield Hallam MP Jared O’Mara was suspended from the party last week for a series of misogynistic and homophobic remarks on social media.

 

 In a speech to party activists on Sunday, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn criticised Westminster’s “warped and degrading” culture of sexual harassment.He said: “Faced with the ongoing revelations about sexual harassment, we must make this a turning point and a moment of real change.”We must say ‘no more’. We must no longer allow women, or anyone else for that matter, to be abused in the workplace or anywhere else.”Mr Corbyn has faced criticism for appointing now suspended Labour MP Kelvin Hopkins to the shadow cabinet after allegations of inappropriate behaviour had been made against him.

Michael Fallon quits as defence secretary over ongoing scandal

The cabinet heavyweight, Michael Fallon was the first casualty of the ongoing scandal in Westminster,  his shock departure on Wednesday which followed a phone call from a journalist, Jane Merrick, who informed Downing Street that he had lunged at her and attempted to kiss her on the lips in 2003 after they had lunched together.

 

Michael Fallon resigned as defence secretary, admitting that his behaviour towards women in the past has “fallen short”, as the Conservatives struggle to contain the growing scandal about sexual harassment at Westminster.

The list MPs in Parliament involved in all kinds of sexual scandal in staggering.

International trade minister Mark Garnier becomes the first minister to be named. He admits to the Daily Mail calling his secretary “sugar t***” and getting her to buy him sex toys, but denies it was harassment.

Former Work and Pensions Secretary Stephen Crabb says he has been “foolish” to send explicit messages to a 19-year-old woman he interviewed for a job in 2013.

Labour activist Bex Bailey says she was discouraged from reporting a rape allegation against and by party officials.

Two ministers – Dominc Rabb and Rory Stewart – reveal their names were listed too, but say they have done nothing wrong.

 

Commons veteran Kelvin Hopkins is suspended by Labour pending an investigation into allegations he inappropriately touched a Labour activist and sent her suggestive text messages.

In a statement, the left-wing MP for Luton North says: “I absolutely and categorically deny that I in any way engaged in any such inappropriate conduct.”

Tory MP Charlie Elphicke has his whip suspended and is referred to the police over “serious allegations”.

 Labour MP Clive Lewis is accused of inappropriately touching an activist at a Momentum event, a claim he strongly denies.

The party launches a investigation into the formal complaint, but chooses not to suspend the Norwich South MP.

The list goes on and on and so much will still come out in the coming days.

WATCH OUT

Advertisements

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.