Las Vegas Police Dept ‘issue a warrant to obtain Ronaldo’s DNA’ on rape claim by a US woman nine years ago

The night before: Cristiano Ronaldo pictured with accuser Kathryn Mayorga in Rain Nightclub in Las Vegas on June 12,  2009 
Ms Mayorga with C. Ronaldo in Vegas club, 2009

Police in Las Vegas have issued a warrant to obtain Christiano Ronaldo’s DNA after claims he raped a woman in the US city nine years ago, according to reports. 

Kathryn Mayorga a former school teacher  claims that the Christiano Ronaldo raped her at his Las Vegas hotel room in June 2009 and now going public with her claim, The Juventus striker has been under intense scrutiny of late on the rape allegations and tax fraud.  

The Wall Street Journal reports that authorities in Vegas want to cross -check Ronaldo’s DNA against what was found on Ms Mayorga dress from nine years ago. 

The newspaper claims a ‘law-enforcement official with deep knowledge of the case’ claims a key piece of evidence in the investigation is the dress. And that some DNA other than Ms Mayorga’s was found on it. As a result of this
authorities have sent a warrant to the Italian courts in the hopes of being allowed to carry out the procedure of obtaining DNA from the super star. 

But what will this new DNA evidence proof when the ‘sex’ actually happened to which there was no denial from the footballer, the case is about whether the sex was consensual or not. Ronaldo maintained that the sex then, was consensual while Ms Mayorga said it wasn’t.

Lets us hope the new DNA is capable of detecting if sex was actually consensual or not, so that we can put an end to this ongoing saga for the sake of the two people involved.

Las Vegas police confirmed they had reopened their criminal investigation into the alleged sex assault based on the new DNA evidence. 

Her lawyers have vowed to take the case all the way to the Supreme Court if needed. This case has been going back and forth for a while despite the hush payment of £287,000 that was paid to the woman in 2010.

C. Ronaldo
C.Ronaldo is a global soccer super star

Ronaldo has continuously refuted the allegations, despite the £287,000 hush-money pay out in 2010, on the ground that the sex was consensual. 

Back in early October, Ronaldo – who had been silent until then, tweeted to say he firmly denied the claims. 

‘I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me. Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in. 

‘Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense,’ he said.

He followed that tweet with a further message, saying that his ‘clear conscience’ will allow him to await the results of an investigation ‘with tranquility’.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.